|Bigfoot tech info, construction footing forms below grade||site map|
Bigfoot footing forms saves time, money & hassle!
Click & see our Bigfoot video!
Click & see our 7 Tips Videos
Tech info links
Click to see our step-by-step animations and discover how simple it is to install our concrete footing forms!
Bigfoot's construction footing forms below grade 9-step process:
1. Dig hole.
2. Base should be placed on undisturbed soil or 4" - 6" of compacted crushed stone or gravel.
3. Excess rings should be cut off at the top of the ring being used and removed. (300 mm) spikes in at a 45 degree angle to prevent the footing form from rising.
4. Screw required length of construction tube to the footing form with four 1" screws
5. Install in hole.
6. Plumb and level. The tube must be braced if it extends 3 ft. or more above grade.
7. If necessary, have inspected by building inspector before backfilling.
8. Backfill. Avoid dropping or placing heavy rocks or heavy wet soil on the footing form.
9. Pour concrete using footing form inverted on top of the construction tube as a funnel.
Print all or part of our installation manual (pdf)
Engineered documentation & instructions:
To have a complete set of engineered documentation and instructions mailed or faxed to you, contact us!
Toll free from anywhere in North America: 1-800-934-0393
From anywhere in the world: (country code 011) 902-627-1600